The recommended daily filtration running time depends on the amount of use and the varied weather conditions through summer and winter. Through summer 8hrs a day is a consistent recommendation for adequate chlorine generation from your Poolrite salt water chlorinator. Through winter 4-6 hours a day is usually adequate as there is minimal sun and bather use.
How often should I backwash my media filter?
How do I backwash my High Rate Media Filter?
- Turn off the pool pump.
- Set the filter valve handle to the BACKWASH position and ensure the handle locks in place.
- Turn on the pump and backwash for 2 minutes or until the water in the sight glass (located on the multiport valve) is running clear.
- Turn Off the Pump.
- Set the filter valve handle to the RINSE position and ensure the handle locks in place.
- Turn on the pump and run the rinse process for 1 minute or until the water in the sight glass is clear.
- Turn Off the Pump.
- Reset the Filter Valve to Filter and ensure the handle locks into place.
- Turn On the Pump.
My V2000 Multi port valve is leaking to waste when filtering?
What are the recommended water test levels of a swimming pool?
pH: 7.2 - 7.8
- Check pool chemistry often. Recommended twice a week in the summer and once per week during the winter times.
- Maintain pH level, this will allow you to use the full potential of the chlorine that is already in the pool water.
- Keep alkalinity in check for water balance, this will stop PH “bounce” and help prevent cloudiness
- Check TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) or calcium hardness on a regular basis.
- Clean pool equipment salt cells as corroded or calcified cells will produce little chlorine
- Cleaning the skimmer basket and hair and lint pot in the pool pump often. Keep free from debris to limit poor circulation of pool water.
- Add chemicals at sunset to get the most out of them.
- Brush walls, tile band and steps often to help eliminate algae problems and discolouration
- Check water level. Water level should be maintained 2 inches from the top of the skimmer box opening
- Running pool equipment is the key to a low maintenance swimming pool, it is all about the flow of water and having a decent circulation of pool water.
- Replace broken or missing parts, covers or drains as this can be a potential dangerous hazard.